Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Keeping promises and Trusting each other

Larry and I spend a lot of time talking about trust...my mentality is that I would rather hear the truth (even if it might hurt a little... OK even a lot) than hear something that he thinks that I want to hear...for example: that age old question that women seem to test the men on..."does my back side look fat in this moomoo?" (Just like a cow...moo moo) I would rather hear from my husband that the south side of my body going north is not so good looking in that outfit ...than from someone else...cause we all know there is someone out there just waiting to tell us the truth..."not to hurt your feelings honey but I would rethink that out fit because you look like you have all of Santa's presents in THAT trunk of yours.!" ... come on ...you know that person...we all have one in our lives...So I would rather hear this news from someone that I trust and love other than that ...well...mean girl (or you can substitute any word that fits for you...after all I have to keep this family friendly) ...On the other hand my husband feels that telling a little white lie once in awhile is a survival tool that he won't part with...it simply is not a lie to him...this is why men are from mars and women are from the superior Venus. We all know that trust is one of the core foundations for a lasting and healthy relationship. It is what Faith is to your religious beliefs and water is to survival...we must continue to trust each other and build on that trust even when it hurts!

A friend of mine has started writing for the Mormon Times. His first article was on Keeping Promises (all part of the Trust issue) and well written. Elia is a kind and wonderful person so I would like for all of you to read his article and watch for him. He has some talks published on CD's and has a book coming out...anyway read his article and go to his sites...he is one of the best people that you will ever associate with...here is the link keeping promises.

No comments: