Saturday, April 11, 2009


So I think that we see a theme here...it is all in the mind how you feel about life...we can't stop our bodies from getting older but we can control the mental approach to gathering more and more wisdom...I am not afraid of my body getting older..I don't like all the changes that take place however I do so dread being an old thinking and acting person...I DO NOT want to sit in my rocker all day long and twiddle the time away...I want to be a ZOOMER BOOMER and enjoy life...I still want to be able to roller skate when I turn 70 and go places when I turn 80...I want others to see me as an interested old person...not cranky and belligerent... and that can only start in my mind NOW!
My Grandmother had a friend (we called her Aunt Mary)...I loved Aunt Mary because no matter how old she got she was happy and always interested...when we would tell her about the latest dance craze she would insist that we teach her...when we would tell my Grandmother about it she would scold us and tell us we were evil to do such things..(good thing she doesn't see how they dance now!) So I always wanted to have Aunt Mary's ways when I grew old...It is not easy to constantly think happy, and how wonderful but I know that it can be done...each day I have to push a little more to maintain this attitude...but I think in the long run it will be worth it...this is just advice from a young at heart zoomer booming, but pushing 60 woman!

No comments: