Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas is officially over at the Garfields

This is always a sad day for me...when all the Christmas decorations have been taken down and put away for next year...I try and stretch out the Christmas lights and glitter for as long as I can...Day after Thanksgiving to a couple of days after the New Years...in my house that is about all I can get away with...I know that really is a long time and yes I am thankful for that. There is just something magical about the lights and the decorations that I love to have around...the pine boughs (fake) but none the less green and festive, house lights, decorated trees, scented candles, Santa saying ho ho ho...people being nice, carolers at our door...the nativity scenes...the list just goes on...so I will be sad today and then tomorrow happy counting the days to the season next year...here is to the spirit of the season may it be in our hearts all year long.

No comments: