Thursday, February 26, 2009

An actual blog today!

Well can you believe that there are no b-day's today, no special events, no nothing (unless you count that it's dusting day). We seem to have so much in our family that goes on...never a dull moment. Larry has gone fishing today with his brother-in-law Paul so I will have a few moments to myself to play catch up. I thought that it would be fun to actually write some profound something in my blog today...but now that I am here I can't think of anything for the life of me that would be very important let alone profound!
Perry and Brigham are both very small towns...so not much new happens except for things that may be big for those who live here...for example: McDonald's has finally opened after demolishing their old building and raising a new one...may not be a big thing for you all but we are excited here in this little old town...also DI got a face lift and that is complete now...not to mention that the local pizza joint has redone their menu and now includes homemade burgers! Call's drive in has put on a new canopy and hope to open next week. And of course Maddox is almost done with all of their remodel! Gas prices seem to be a few pennies higher here than SLC and next week is the community spaghetti dinner (no not really just threw that in) It just doesn't get any better in this little town of ours. Anywhere you go in this country change is happening all over. The thing about here is we probably notice it more. Life is a little slower for us and these kind of changes are just a little more noticeable for us. Having been raised in So Cal and then moving to Denver for my adult years this is a slow pace. Also I live in an association where I have 90 year old neighbors (that still drive!) So life is very much on the slower side for me. At first I didn't know if I would survive but you tend to grow accustom to your surroundings. I do love it and am glad for the change that brought me here.

No comments: