Sunday, December 7, 2008

I ENJOY A GOOD CORN DOG AS WELL AS THE REST OF THEM..

So you may need to zoom in on this to see everything. Last night my sweet husband treated me to a cultural event that was wonderful...the man is thoughtful! Glen Beck was brilliant and his story so heart touching and tearful...I think it even made me think outside myself...it was wonderful!
But...I do have a few comments on the ECenter and those that were in attendance....if I offend anyone I truly am sorry...but remember I am old and come from another time...maybe another world...who knows!

Ok...I love a good corn dog, bucket-o-popcorn, churro and lets not forget those nachos dripping with cheese with all those hot belly poppin jalapenos...yes yum yum yum to all that...but well I think they have their place and when you attend a cultural event such as we did last night well not sure of the mix...kinda like attending something very spiritual at the conference center or the Dorthy Chandler Pavilion in LA and having someone yelling...POPCORN - PEANUTS anyone...you see the big picture here...carnival just doesn't go with spiritual...well maybe if you are a traveling gypsy evangelist..maybe then...but that is another story for another time...

I was so surprised of how many people were still coming in well after the performance started (what about it starts at 7:30 did they not understand?) we probably missed about the first 10 mins of the show because of the heavy flow of traffic up and down the isle...then when the woman with the baby..yes baby came in and sat in front of us several seats in I thought that I was not going to be very nice...(I love babies, absolutely love them but this just isn't the place for them)...well a few mins later a second mom with small baby climbed over the people in the row in front of us and sat herself down. Now... I realize that being a young mother and getting out can be difficult... but this isn't church and just isn't the place for small crying fussy babies at 8 o'clock at night...sorry call me old fashion! So throughout the night these young mothers were up and down as those in their row were doing the wave to accommodate them. While others were just out and out loudly visiting in the isle ways...while others were trying to juggle the popcorn, peanuts and crackerjacks with mungo size drinks down the isle...when it cleared for a moment and we could actually see the stage I wasn't sure if I was going to see Hulk Hogan or what...then I remembered oh yeah this was kinda a cultural event, not the WW Smackdown...er...ah...is that the wrestling?

What ever happened to manners? Didn't their mom's tell them it wasn't polite to talk when someone else is talking...mainly the guy on stage that we all paid pretty decent money to come listen to? What about staying in your seat until the break in the performance when you can go take care of all your needs...we paid (what we think, now remember we are old) good money for these seats...plus taxes, plus ticket masters charge (need a little Vaseline for that one), plus $10 for parking(another Vaseline moment) to watch people with ill manners walk up and down the isle with sports fare food, talking loudly and not really paying attention to the spirit of the moment and young babies crying...hum...

Well all in all we enjoyed the show...we do suggest that you read the book because it is a very touching story and one that does make a person think outside of themselves...one that will touch your heart completely.

Larry and I will remember this evening with not only a smile in our hearts for the message of the show but a smile on our faces for the wonderment of human nature!

No comments: