Monday, December 8, 2008

OUR VISIT WITH SANTA

My brother Tim who is 2 years older.

Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in the Catholic Church..now before you go all crazy thinking that I have turned back to my roots...not to worry..Our Sacrament time is going to be 9am this year (I thought it was going to be 1pm) so I have decided to stay with the Mormons for 2009 at least...OK back to the feast stuff...Every year on this day we went to visit Santa...we as Catholics attending Catholic schools always had this day off because it was a very important feast day...we had to start off with Mass (mandatory) and then we went to visit Santa later in the day..my mom loved it because it wasn't busy and she did not have to fight the crowds...sometimes after visiting Santa we got to pick out a new ornament for our Christmas Tree....here are a couple of pics that I found...I think I was about 5 one year and maybe 6 the next...when I was 6 the magic was kinda gone...with 3 older brothers and all of them evil they could not wait to be the first to tell me about Santa...I can remember being on the side of the building at school for the older kids and my brother Tim making fun of me for believing...then the others confirmed the true but sad news...my brother Jim tried to then tell me they were just kidding, but by then the damage had been done...the trauma and scaring had sadly taken place...my mother when I got home just said that they were being mean older brothers and playing a trick on me...not to believe a word they were saying...So in the black and white photo I was in awe of Santa...but in the color one I had that smirk on my face because I knew what was going on...what a difference a year makes..for my mothers sake I had my picture taken for many years...then when my sister came along when I was 10 she got to visit Santa and I was off the hook...

My brother Jim who is 5 years
older and my brother Tim.
So here is to all who visit Santa...enjoy the magic! And smile pretty to make your Mama happy!

No comments: