Monday, October 27, 2008

Seeing old friends

At Carson's baptism I had the pleasure of seeing some old friends from school. Celia and I went to an all girls private school Cornelia Connolly in Anaheim, CA. I met Celia through my cousin Louise. There was a group of brainiacs which Louise and Celia belonged. I can remember sitting with them in awards assembly...they would empty the row for every subject (I was the designated bench warmer for them, that was my talent). They were all so smart and Celia has done very well for herself working in the aero technology field, space station just small stuff like that ...she is now working on a huge project for the Antarctica...she has always been way up there on the smart scale! Larry was my friend from somewhere around 8th grade or maybe earlier...I was talking a summer school class at Sunny Hills High School when I met him. I was walking to school and his Grandmother was taking him and she stopped and asked if I wanted a ride...she lived across and down 2 houses from my Grandmother...so trusting an old lady I accepted the ride. Larry and I became great friends instantly. For some reason we clicked and from there on spent a lot of time together and attended summer school every year together until we graduated. After 2 years of the all girls school I was uninvited to attend and signed up at the local high school where Larry and I spent our last two years being nerds. Larry looked 12 when he got his driver lisc in November (I was a Feb b-day) so he got to drive all the time...I can not begin to tell you how many times he got stopped because they thought he was 12...it was pretty funny. At first Larry dated my cousin Louise and then after high school she introduced him to Celia...well the rest is history..they have been married for over 33 years now.

So when I was able to see them again this last week it was wonderful to be able to talk and play catch up. Right now they are living in Colorado Springs waiting on Celia's job to be awarded a contract for the Antarctica project. They happen to live right down the street from Megan...such a small world!

So here is to old friends and good laughs and remembering old times...always makes you feel young again...love ya guys!!!

No comments: