Friday, October 3, 2008

First fishing trip together

We decided that we should finally take our first fishing trip together Wednesday. I have not fished for over 10 years and was a little intimidated by going with big "L" for the first time. Since my fishing experiences have not always been the fondest memories I was a little nervous to say the least. We went to a little reservoir out of Malad, ID about an hour or so drive from here. It was a perfect day. Blue sky's, gentle breezes, mirror water and bugs! Hey it was a perfect day for the bugs too.
Doesn't he look cute packing all the stuff down the hill. We found a nice little spot where Larry has fished before. And my fishing lesson started. I had forgotten that I need the reel on the other side so that was very confusing for me...I had forgotten that I have a weird way to cast and so when Larry tried to show me I really kept screwing it up. I lost the worm and marshmallow many times before I just said hum...let me try it a little different way and what do you know...not a bad cast at all. We could go on but the long and short of it...yeah I caught the first 3 fish. For some reason that doesn't always sit real well with the seasoned male fisherman.

This is one of the ones that Larry caught. I had to go to use the facilities (OK the hole in the ground, with bricks surrounding it and something all crappers should come with... handicap parking) anyway while I was fighting killer bees and flies he caught not only 1 fish on his pole but 1 on mine also. He even saved them for me so that he could prove that he caught them. Well all in all it was a great time and a very relaxing day. We came home still friends even after the marriage limits had been tested. All kidding aside I enjoy his company and will cherish this day.


No comments: