Tuesday, October 7, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog

I have been giving this a lot of thought. At first I thought that blogging was kinda dumb. I really didn't see the purpose in it but now I have a new appreciation of the concept. I like being able to talk about practically anything and have it out there for all to see. It definitely is a very modern way to journal. And a peculiar way to communicate. ..very new century at least! I like reading other blogs and getting to know the authors even better. We are all so busy and we don't get to see each other or even communicate very often so this is a great way to have a few moments of the other person's time when it is convenient for all...you get to read the journal while they are alive. Hum what a concept.

People like Larry and I... well ...lets face it we are old and not too many people see what we do as exciting or much value sometimes...so telling you we worked on our food storage probably isn't that interesting but for us it was fun and we found some super bargains yesterday...we had some great laughs and enjoyed our time together. See already I am putting you to sleep...the other highlight of our day was we went to lunch with Larry's good friend (well maybe his only) Kirk. It was wonderful driving through the canyon to Logan seeing the beautiful fall foliage and having a wonderful lunch at Hamilton's. Kirk is very kind to insist that I go with the guys to lunch but next time I am going to leave the boys to their own devices...(friends are where husbands complain about their wives, kinda defeats the purpose if I intrude on this very precious male bonding time!) Anyway this might seem humdrum to some but for us it was a wonderful day...time spent with a good friend and time spent with my best friend just knocking around together. As the Prophet said in his talk Sunday during General Conference..Enjoy the journey!

No comments: