Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ah...Church Saturday Morning Ball Games

Since we have been down in Orem staying with our 17 year old grandson we had the opportunity this morning to attend his church basketball game...one thing about the church we can count on...some things never change! Well there was one thing that did and the boys now read the rules of behaviour before the game..(quite honestly Larry and I thought that maybe it should have been the parents reading the rules) so as I say some things never change...for years I attended Saturday morning games at the Church building...mine was young women's and my youngest played all the sports...I was the coach for many years so it was my home away from home...luckily the girls sports are not as brutal as the boys but we still had some sideline coaching and friendly "ref suggestions" parents that were faithful to their cause in life!
Here is Garrett making his free throw! He is an awesome player with tons of talent!
Here is the champ after the game they won...He looks heads taller than the others...we determine that it is his hairstyle that makes him look taller...where the "mohawk meets the mullet!" I told him that even though no one may be wearing this particular style it may be one of those that as years pass and he sees a picture of himself he may just say "what was I thinking!"

No comments: