Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BREAD...THE STAFF OF LIFE

As Randy from American Idol would say "OK now get this dawg"...Bread has been around from the beginning of time. Bread has been a vital food source for humans around the world. In the Old Testament we hear about how Manna fell from Heaven to feed the Israelites while they wondered in the wilderness...bread has long played an important part in our history as mankind.
One of the biggest roles bread plays in our Mormon culture is one of love, sharing, "how ya doin?", wanted to drop by but didn't want to be empty handed (really I want the gossip of whats going on, cause I have been hearing things) and one of the most important is I was prompted by the spirit...thank goodness for the pure of heart and those that listen to the spirit. Today was a day that I needed a friendly smile and hug from someone that I know that I can trust and loves me for just me...I don't need to be anything different around her and what ever I tell her and she tells me...it just stays in our hearts and where we divulged these "life happens" moments.
As a loaf of homemade bread (and this was excellent folks!) feeds and brings nutrition to our physically bodies what fed me this day was a kind friend that I know listened to the spirit and fed a part of me that was feeling empty...in life little things can mean more and are bigger than ever when done with humility and pureness of heart.
So bread will continue to be a mainstay in our lives...it is such a big part of our history and heritage...so here's to the friendship that shares the bread with another. I hope that we incorporate that into our history and our part of survival , that we simply share with one another.
Thank you my bread making friend!

No comments: