Sunday, September 7, 2008

PEACH DAYS in the FINE city of Brigham




Yesterday was the Peach Day's parade! Wow I have been here long enough to say that I have been to 2 parades...Lucky me! Well all kidding aside it is always a humbling experience in these small towns. I was very moved when the opening of the parade is the flag being carried by our best comes down the street. Everyone seems to be doing the wave as they stand to show honor. I was particularly impressed when a young father behind me was explaining to his young 3 year old son that we stand, take off our hats and put our hand over our hearts to show respect. That was very special for me. First that they would honor what our Flag stood for and second to teach the reverence to his son. As crappy as some things seem in our nation we still live in a democracy and enjoy the freedoms that come from that...ok off the soap box and back to Peach Days.
Bands, Firetrucks, Peach Day Queen, and Square Dancing well you will see just about anything you would want to see. My favorite was the Head Honcho guy...he was advertising for his Plumbing business...I think his name is John but he was looking a little flushed that day...oh they can go on and on unfortunately. Anyway it is a big deal with booths and carnival rides, junk food and freak shows (provided by some of Brigham's finest)...It's great to live in a small town.

No comments: