Sunday, September 28, 2008

Marrriage Moments

I don't usually have to be right to be happy but sometimes it is absolutely handed to you on a platter...and those are the times that I secretly cherish. My husband is a wonderful man of many fine qualities...one of them being an impeccable dresser and another quality is precise communication. Today he was not on his mark for either attribute...lets face it we can't always have perfect days. I knew that something was wrong when he matched a purple tie( and we are talking PUR..ple folks) with a blue shirt and suspenders that were blue, tan and maroon striped. (Fashion Police would have been out in force!) After gently suggesting perhaps another tie that would pizazz the outfit a little more ( not like a purple tie combination didn't) he just wasn't seeing my vision. He kept suggesting other tie combinations until he gave in to my oh so gentle persuasions. (ok a matter of opinion) He looked great as always..still apprehensive that MY choice was his best look. Off to church we went and then before sacrament started he communicated with me ( in about the same manor as his purple tie and blue shirt marriage) regarding his HT plans for the night...kinda uninvited me with him after we had planned on my going. Not his best communication skills (more old Larry not the new and improved Larry) ...Well as the day progressed he was complimented on his total "put together" look..."snazzy dresser" look etc.. and when he went HTing without me the family started off by asking where I was. Sometimes you get to be right and happy!!! It truly is a marriage moment to remember!

No comments: