Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekly Highlights

OK that is just to get you to take a second look. When your old and blogging probably no one is going to look or read much of what you have to say...but with a picture like this... it might just peak your interest...OK now on to the boring stuff...eww yikes more fall pictures!!!

This was a little grove on the way home from Bear Lake last week...the pictures really don't capture the colors and the serenity that it had. Bear Lake was a blast and I am really proud of my husband who acted like it was OK that we got his car stuck in the sand. I know that it probably took everything in him to be all cheery. He just said oh well we can call AAA and just get a tow. Since the tow truck driver was coming out of Logan we had time to hike down to the beach and enjoy our little picnic lunch. The water was blue and warm...the flying rats were everywhere. Blazen little buggers..they were trying to come on to our blanket and steal our food...this time of year it is so peaceful at the lake. It was nice to just sit and listen to the sounds of the water lapping against the shore. It was a spectacular day.

The week has been great. As a RS Presidency we were all released on Sunday. It is always bitter sweet to serve others, become involved and then bam you are out of there. I think what is always the most difficult is the attachment you form with the ones you serve. These woman are incredible. I have never experience so much strength in one group of women before. Each one has been through so much in their lives and they have the most amazing attitudes and most of all testimonies. So we have made a pack to still have presidency meetings (A.K.A. Therapy and lots cheaper than paying someone!) often.
Megan my daughter was out this last weekend and it was wonderful to have her here. She is fun, beautiful and hardheaded...that is why I love and admire her. She is strong and I always learn so much from how she handles life. We had a great time shopping, watching movies and hanging out at the local beauty shop. Well I guess they call them salons now but no not here in little ole Brigham City this one is defiantly a Beauty Shop..gossip and all! As your children get older and you are separated by distance it is always a treat to be able to spend one on one time with your child, something that you treasure.
Yesterday we had dinner with our favorite people the Rogers. Luana was called to be the Relief Society President for their ward...3rd time for her. She is perfect for that position...her compassion is unmeasurable. I have never meet anyone more sweet and perfect than her. I hope when I grow up (I guess I should say, IF I grow up) I want to be just like her. Dan her husband is OK too! (Just kidding Dan you are a peach also!) We have known them for many years and there is just none better. We haven't seen them in months so yesterday was a real treat...but as always we never get to spend enough time with them.

No comments: